Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Thanks for the the kind words guy's. My wife never should have watched Only the brave. She gets pretty nervous when he in on the bigger fires. His crew just got asked to stay an extra week. 12 to 14 hour days without any time off would be brutal in that heat.

i was sitting on my front porch in prescott, when that went down. the area is happened in was south of prescott little place called yarnell. i commented to some of the other porch sitters, maybe big issue as i had hunted that area multiple times. lots of very thick overgrown brush, high winds, knarly country. i had to walk out of that place one time over ten miles in the summer limited water, almost killed us. anyway it went down, and there is a memorial there now for where the bodies were found. multiple page reports on what happened, and blame shuffling. my own opinion is mgt screwups from a lay person's perspectives, should have gotten out. consequently, those killed who had signed agreements temp workers, no insurance, etc. had families etc. the lawsuite started, public sympathy, the city of prescott ended up agreeing to pay out a heck of a lot of money. I am not commenting if that was righteous or not. but in one case a woman as i understand it hit the lottery, was in divorce proceedings with the guy, still got the payout. Their marshalling yards were just down the street from my house. the memorial service they had people from all over the country there. the fourth of july parade which is traditional in prescott was a tearjerker, everyone crying at the entry to memorialize them. There is a "P" on the hill entering prescott, been there for years. Sincer that happened, every year there is a "19" placed up there to commemorate the dates. I can see it from my porch. There was a fire up there too that week, i was wondering if it was gonna roll into town.
It's like this bush fire, i have a number of friends living in the pumkin center area, probably already ou t.
people unfamilar with arizona don't know the ruggedness of that country and how you can get trapped pretty easy. no low risk job for sure.

Those boys at Yarnelll should have stayed up in the black...They were fine until they moved downhill in the green...Tough way to die but preventable.