Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by wwy
Originally Posted by C_ROY
How bright is the dot on the Trijicon in the middle of the day? And can you dial down the brightness at last light? I am familiar with the Leupy Firedot and the Burris Four X as those have dials to increase/decrease illumination intensity.
C Roy, the settings go pretty bright I think there are 11 settings, don't have mine in front of me. I find the illumination helpful at dawn, dusk, and dark. I usually don't have it turned on in full sunlight as I don't need it. It does dial down very well and I've used it well after sundown against dark targets with total satisfaction.

Sounds good.

Zero retention? Any issues?

Zero issues with mine retaining zero. Carried in the truck, afoot, and horseback a lot. When I originally purchased it I tested function quite a bit. To 800 yards it matched perfectly with the dope on the SS 6x that it replaced (went to another rifle). That being said, I would not purchase the model I have (accupower 3-9) if I was intending to dial a bunch. The turrets work fine, reset, etc.. but do not seem overly robust but they track accurately. There are some other models that appear more robust, heavier, exposed turrets, etc.. I think Form may have tested the 1-8 model, and JB may have used a few as well?

This scope for me is kind of a set and forget type scope, that actually functions correctly. I like the mil reticle, mil adjustments, and it's enough for 90% of my big game hunting. Illumination on or off it's a good reticle. If super long work is involved or lots of dialing I've got other setups for that. I generally prefer FFP but everything is a compromise. The illumination is nice for some of the stuff I do. For the money and depending on sales, you are getting close to a SWFA 3-9, but no illumination and 30mm if that makes a difference. But, trijicons are available.