The RL33 data i have i obtained from what sounded like a knowledgeable 264 shooter. His pet load in 264 WM was 77.0gr with a Berger 140 VLD as I recall. I started low and have been up to 77.0 gr and primers were starting to flatten, but the firing pin dimple still looked good. No extraction problems or case splits. I generally never load anything near max as accuracy generally is not there.

Accuracy wasn't there at 77.0gr, and I had some 3-shot groups of 0.146" at 100yd with 72.5gr in 40F weather with a 130. My Sendero with 1:9 can't handle a 140 boat tail. Remington flat base 140's are ok, but 120-130gr are more accurate.

I am using Redding neck bushing dies and turn/ream every firing to remove brass flow, true the necks, and maintain constant neck thickness and concentricity. About 0.001" flows around 0.040" length on the end of the neck into the I/D, and 0.0008" down the rest of the neck O/D. I bushing size necks to clean up the I/D with a std reamer, pilot on a custom size pilot I hard turned, and neck turn with the same setup every firing, then final bushing size for 0.002" interference for neck tension.

Agree that this is a lot of powder. From others using it and older reloading books, it appears that it's close to H870 in burn rate. Since Warner weather has come on, the RL33 has not been as stable, and I've noticed the great amount of barrel heat, hence my post. Some had raved of it in 264AM but it looks like it might not be there for me. I have probably 200 rds through this gun and would prefer not to rebarell it soon, even though I'd like a 1:8 twist.

Thanks for the opinions, good dialogue.