...Kingston, that is. Someone asked about him on another thread so thought I'd post up.

He's been a busy man, but we had a hardware transaction to take care while he was here at the old place so we made a plan for me to head to him. I told him I had a little time to help out with any work if he wanted and so did, if only for an hour or two. I know well he enjoys his seafood, so thought it'd be nice to feed him a meal I'd toss together at his pad. Being that he's headed for life in a landlocked place, freshly dug bivalves sounded like a good call and dead easy to make. Seeing I had 60 pounds of soft-shelled one ice in a cooler in my garage it was a done deal.

It was just a matter of steaming a pile in beer (we do about 15 pounds at a whack at home to eat out of the shell as well as to pickle) and shucking them. I bagged a batch up and took them along with some other simple ingredients. As a pound of linguini was cooking, I sautéed some garlic and onions in EVOO, with capers, white wine, fresh basil and oregano added. Added pinches of S & P to taste when onions got translucent and when ready, tossed in maybe a pound of clams. Bring that to a bubbling boil on high heat, then remove. All you're trying to do is heat the clams, not cook them; that's already been done. Add in a quarter cup on heavy cream, mix and add a pile onto a plate of linguini that had been coated with more EVOO. Sprinkle some good Parmesan on top and dig in. A slice of good Italian bread for sopping up juices at the end works too.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]

BTW, that giant barn? The guy built it by himself by hand, with lumber he felled and milled from the property. Those giant iron hinges? He made them too. Pretty incredible stuff done by a good dude and friend. Hit me up before you com down again, B. I think I need to spend some more dough... wink