It seems like anything in the lower price brackets have crimped primer pockets. I have Federal bulk packs of 50 gr HPs that have crimped primer pockets as well as various brands of 55gr FMJ. It used to be that anything stamped "223 Rem" wasn't crimped but now it seems this is less and less so. I hate swaging the pockets but for free brass I guess I can live with it if I do a bit at a time. I'll decap a bunch of them then tumble to clean up the cases. I'll spend odd moments swaging out the crimps over the next day or two. I can easily get a hundred a day doing this so the task is not too onerous. Sometimes I'll bring the pocket swager and a bucket of brass upstairs and punch out as many as I can while watching a movie if the wife is not around.

Our range is used almost daily by various law enforcement agencies, they leave plenty of brass to scrounge. I particularly like it when their "snipers" train as one can pick up Gold Medal, Nosler, Black Hills, Norma, and other premium brass for free. My best haul was 153 pieces of Lapua brass for the 223 and 40 of the same in 308. It must have been a Federal agency that day.