Yes, I own a Sig P365, P365 XL and converted my full size P320 to the X-Compact model and shot it enough to become familiar with it. Those three pistols in order are just steps along a continuum so pick whatever point feels comfortable to the individual.

The 365 and XL are wonderful smaller carry pistols and being smaller are obviously easier to conceal. The X-compact which is basically Glock 19 sized (as is the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact) is going to manage recoil better and be easier to shoot due to a bigger grip and more mass. And we could have a whole separate discussion about how folks interpret the word "easier".

From a post I made on 3/1/20, it talks about the 365's and the Smith but again the Smith and Sig X-Compact are pretty much same same in recoil handling and shootability:

One subjective impression is recoil. It was 28 deg. this morning with an 8 mph wind and my fingers got a bit cold. The P365 had a 12 round mag in it so I could get my hand fully on the grip but recoil was still snappy. My chilly trigger finger really felt it after the first five rounds.

Going to the 365 XL with a longer and heavier slide showed a noticeable decrease in felt recoil, it was a slower recoil impulse. I've no way to quantify this, it wasn't a huge difference, but it was definitely noticeable. Going to the M&P Compact was a "really big difference" (technical term) in recoil, and the 5.0" full size M&P was again a smaller but noticeable difference from the 4" barrel; it was a real pussycat compared to either Sig. This is all to be expected but I was a bit surprised at the difference between the two Sigs. I've noticed this at a warm indoor range firing both but my cold trigger finger this morning was really sensitive to it...

...The 365 XL has become my primary carry gun when I need the most concealment and I'd not feel unprotected with it in most any civilian self defense situation. However, I'm still evaluating compact 4" models which are preferable. The difference in velocity is negligible - the average actually went down 7 fps in this trial - but there is a significant difference in felt recoil and shootability.

Originally Posted by RufusG
Never seen one, but pretty sure I heard the bore axis will flip you over backwards if you're not careful.

That is a dirty little secret about the Sigs in general but there is a fellow who makes a sort of bipod affair which you attach to the back of your belt to keep from being upended by the high bore axis recoil, kind of like wheelie bars on a dragster. I'll dig up the website name if anyone is interested... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!