Originally Posted by Takman
Any preference on your carry choice of the two?

I'm not WarEagle700 and won't pretend to speak for him, but having moved from a G19 myself to a X-Compact and a P365, I'll give my opinion.

I carried the G19 for years, and it's a great gun and I still have mine. But, after shooting a P320 X-Five for a couple of years now in the Carry Optics division of USPSA, I liked it so much that I bought a X-Compact and put a red dot on it. I love the gun and shoot it very well. It is about the same size as my G19, but easier for me to shoot well (and faster).

That said, about a week after I bought the X-Compact, I got a great deal on a new P365 that I couldn't pass up. I ended up putting a Grey Guns straight trigger on it just so that it had the same feel to me as the X-Compact and my X-Five. I put a Crimson Trace green laser on it and I carry it with a 12rd mag and a spare 15rd mag. Obviously it is smaller and lighter and (to me) easier to carry, especially in warm weather. The green laser helps tremendously with longer range shots and I still have 28 rds on board.

So, I find myself carrying the P365 the majority (90%) of the time now days. Sometimes in my front pocket (if wearing cargo shorts), or in a Vedder LightTuck with jeans.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan