Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by greghaz
Originally Posted by MOGC
How do you carry that loaded? Hammer back and thumb safety applied in Condition 1? Without a grip safety like a 1911 that doesn't seem right for some reason. Hammer down on a live round? Cocking the hammer would be a time consuming and awkward movement. Magazine loaded and empty chamber? Not good. For any of these reasons I dislike that genre of ccw pistol.

I'm with MOGC on this.

Carrying a Government model or Commander in condition 1 with grip safety does not worry me.

I ended up selling my SIG p238 because carrying it in condition 1 without a grip safety DID concern me.

To each his own I guess.

The Sig 938 and 238 has a manual safety and is safe to carry unless you disengage the safety and pull the trigger. It kind of amazes me that people will carry a Glock with no safety that will discharge if you put your finger on the trigger and press it, but can't seem to get used to a handgun that has an actual safety that won't discharge in condition one under the same conditions that a Glock will and are perfectly at ease carrying a Glock. Not knocking a Glock at all, just don't understand the weariness they have with a single action pistol carried in condition one with a perfectly working manual safety. Can't wrap my head around that.

I don't carry Glocks for the reason you point out. I carry SAs with grip safety or DASA, just no SAs without grip safety.