Originally Posted by greghaz
Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by greghaz
Originally Posted by MOGC
How do you carry that loaded? Hammer back and thumb safety applied in Condition 1? Without a grip safety like a 1911 that doesn't seem right for some reason. Hammer down on a live round? Cocking the hammer would be a time consuming and awkward movement. Magazine loaded and empty chamber? Not good. For any of these reasons I dislike that genre of ccw pistol.

I'm with MOGC on this.

Carrying a Government model or Commander in condition 1 with grip safety does not worry me.

I ended up selling my SIG p238 because carrying it in condition 1 without a grip safety DID concern me.

To each his own I guess.

The Sig 938 and 238 has a manual safety and is safe to carry unless you disengage the safety and pull the trigger. It kind of amazes me that people will carry a Glock with no safety that will discharge if you put your finger on the trigger and press it, but can't seem to get used to a handgun that has an actual safety that won't discharge in condition one under the same conditions that a Glock will and are perfectly at ease carrying a Glock. Not knocking a Glock at all, just don't understand the weariness they have with a single action pistol carried in condition one with a perfectly working manual safety. Can't wrap my head around that.

I don't carry Glocks for the reason you point out. I carry SAs with grip safety or DASA, just no SAs without grip safety.

Glocks are a little different in the safety blade in the trigger and striker block. But think of how many carry a Ruger 22 with the safety on. Not too many shooting themselves that I’ve heard of. Browning high Power... Colt Woodsman... Buckmark...

Last edited by TWR; 06/26/20.