Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Is that with factory ammo or handloads? Im wondering if the barrel is toast? A buddy of mine shoots one, and with factory ammo, he shoots less than 2" 10 shot groups at 100

That was with handloads. 165 Gamekings over 49grs of AA2700.
The barrel is an honest 99% and it has the best stock I've ever seen on one. I couldn't believe the condition of the rifle when I found it. The only thing is the piece of paper that the Swiss soldiers placed under the buttplate is unreadable. He wrote his name in pencil and it's just faded away over the years. It's a 98% rifle. Best I've ever seen. That's why I couldn't walk away from it.

Sounds like a damn nice rifle. I'll be shooting against my buddy tomorrow. He uses the K31 I mentioned in the last post. That rifle is amazingly accurate. Like someone else said, that factory ammo must be "match grade".. He's the only one that I need to pay attention to tomorrow because that rifle shoots lights out. When he brings his A game, the guys coming from Portland and Vancouver, with their tricked out CMP m1 Garrands, go away with their tails between their legs.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA