Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
I don’t own any glocks, but been toying around getting one for the past couple weeks.
Either a 19 or a 45. So I’ve been watching and reading just about everything I can.
I’d go with the gen 5 because I like the non finger groove grip. And supposedly it has a match barrel. I’m favoring the 45 because my local shop has one with factory night sights. The front sight is green center with orange outline, pretty nice sights.
And yes the trigger and finish are supposed to be an improvement?
I like the fact that they come with 3 mags.
It wouldn’t be my everyday carry but I’m sure I’d work it in my winter attire.
I’ve also been looking at the S&W mp 2.0 9mm with the 3.6”bbl. 15rnd. It has gotten some good reviews. And it’s about $100 cheaper, but no night sights. They would be another $100 after market add on. Seems like all S&W mp 2.0’s with night sights are law enforcement only guns. No idea why.
Decisions Decisions

HeavyLoad,

IMHO, I'd say you have drilled down to the meat of the matter, as far as semi-auto carry pieces go. I've handled all 3 of those at least 10x.

Another one you might consider is the Sig 365 or 365 xl. I picked up a 365 xl several months ago and really like it. The grip angle also makes it very easy for me to shoot accurately. Also comes with factory night sights. I carry it in a Milt Sparks VM II IWB that I carried a Kahr PM9 in for years. Fits very close to the body. I rotate between it and a G19 for daily carry, depending on what clothes I'm wearing that day.

I'm liking the 365 xl so much, I ordered another one, just because. With these commie squirrels in DC and the chaos they're causing, you never know.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH