When I was shooting competitively I had over a half dozen progressives set up to assemble the various calibers, including Dillon 550 - 1050s Hornady and RCBS progressive presses. These tools were necessary to provide practice and match ammo in sufficient quantities. I still have several single stage pressed and a half dozen progressives.

Keep in mind that while progressive presses will crank out a lot of rounds quickly when everything is going well, all brands of progressive presses require set-up and adjustment and maintenance to keep them running smoothly, and that is time consuming as well.

Starting with a bucket of clean brass I can load 150-200 rounds per hour using a single stage press with no set up time at all, so I would ask the question whether progressive loading is a worthwhile investment to load only 250 rounds a year...at least in terms of time savings.

When properly adjusted, all the major progressive presses will produce ammo within acceptable tolerances for volume shooting.

The advantage of a new Dillon is that it's easier to sell down the road and get most of your money back if that is important.

When I needed them, I've never regretted the money I've spent on good quality tools.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."