Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
I've been using a Rock Chucker and Mec products for 40 years with no complaints. I might load 10 boxes of shotshells every other year and usually sit down and load 300-400 pcs of 45, 44, 357, .270 and .223 every couple of years.

To those of you that have had different brands, who make the best progressive set up for the money - pistol/rifle setup... TIA

I was kind of where you are a few years ago. I did a lot of research and comparisons. I'd loaded on Dillons before, and done over 15 years of reloading on a RCBS Rockchucker. If you go on my weblog and use "progressive" as a keyword, you'll see the articles I wrote about it at the time.

http://genesis9.angzva.com/?s=progressive

I went with the Hornady LNL AP. It was cheaper than the Dillon getting in the door. It had 5 stations. It was much cheaper to add additional chamberings, and switchovers were easier than either the DIllon or the Lees.

I like the Hornady. It has its quirks. Given my experience with the Hornady, I'd say this: If I was cranking out a lot of the same chambering, I'd go with Dillon. I think their case and bullet feeders do a better job. However, for doing a quick batch of 500 9mm and then switching out to do 500 223 REM, I'll take the Hornady.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer