I'm interested in this topic as well. I like the Filson work shirts I have - one "Shelter Cloth," which is heavy and tough and one a bit lighter weight, but I don't think they're cut long enough & they're too expensive. The L.L. Bean canvas shirts I used to like and wear decades ago are now Chiner-made crap.

I don't care for polyester or spandex. 100% cotton (or wool) only - depending on the season - for me.

My brother has one of the Carhartt button down shirts, which he likes, but I am unsure of the model and the country of origin. I may try one of the Carhartts and see how I like 'em..

Not sure if this is the one he has:
Carhartt Midweight

Whatever I get needs to have flap pockets.

Maybe Mark will be along. He wears Wrangler snap denim shirts that look like a pretty danged good work shirt. He told me once, but I cannot remember where he gets them for a good price - the only Wrangler denim shirts I've been able to find have been ridiculously priced.

I also look on flea-bay for these types of shirts - big savings for slightly used.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/30/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue