Originally Posted by johnt189
in the Corp. in 66 Nam 66 stayed till 70 got the million dollar wound in 70 went home to the round eyed women on the freedom bird. Spent 5 months in Balboa healing when was able to put on greens and I was there salad went to town. Yes to get a women seen a fine blond she walked up to me spit on me called me names So I asked her does this mean I am not going to get a BJ. Only if she knew what was going on in my mind.
It was hard to accept that we was not wanted at all period but most of us manned up made a life raised kids. Still have the nightmares and sweats the face of the first man I seen go down thru the scope still visits me the shocked look he got knowing he is not going home. I handle those tough times telling myself it was a job I signed up for and was paid to do works sometimes.
But was glad I made it home

Things which we who haven’t been can scarcely imagine. My cousin was likewise in the Marines over there, and likewise used a scope in combat. He’s retired and closing in on being a great- grandfather now, but he told me he can still see the faces from back then.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744