Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Sounds typical.

My next door neighbor is Cali transplant and he was not here a week when he started running his mouth. It has never stopped. Nothing is satisfactory for that guy compared to where he came from, but if you ask him, he loves it here and would never go back..

That happens so often here I started telling them Hey if you have so many fond memories of California you should have stayed there. You're in Oregon now, you need to learn to be an Oregonian.

Californians often don't do well away from California. Apart from the politics, living there is easy/convenient. Many are lured away, selling their homes at tremendous profit and moving to more "affordable" places (like Montana), only to find after a couple of winters they wish they'd never left. But if they want to move back they've lost their old (low) real estate tax basis and are now financially locked out of returning. Obviously with substantial income/wealth it's not an issue, but for most it is.

Personally, I like a lot of the Californians here in Montana. If you can last five winters here you might belong here. They bring a bit of interest/difference to what would be a more "monotone" culture. People are just people, and I take them how I find them. Painting with a broad brush is always a mistake when it comes to fellow humans.

That "take people as they are" attitude is why I ended up in Idaho. It certainly is still there in East Idaho (and I do just fine behind the Zion Curtain). Not sure is Boise still has that Idaho culture though. I don't really believe it is compatible with big city living.

Sic Semper Tyrannis