I have one farm in the SRA of SE PA where I play my silly games with the field rat population. Normally, my dog and I scout out where the scent trails are, or in my case spot one munching on soy bean.

Usually this ends up with a few woodchucks praying to the sun gods, or at least a canditate for the following outing. Not so much this season. The field rodents seem to have developed a 6th sense for a hunter in the area! Yesterday I spotted one standing about 75 yds away, and as I used the adjoining corn field for cover it scurried off the field. The dog is pretty well trained not to give our position away, but something has these hogs very skittish.

There is a new kid on the block, with a young dog he enjoys having with him, and the young dog is rather energetic to say the least' The new fellow is a really nice guy, and the dog is being trained, so I do't want to point fingers, but do you think the puppy may be the cause of the problem? Or possibly someone else has seen this happen with a different reason for it?

Really, I'm more curious than upset, actually, so long as a get a few and don't get rained on I'm pretty much not upset at all.

Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!