Originally Posted by AH64guy
For what it’s worth from this end of the country - not really collectible, unless it’s a niche fill for someone.

Local shop had a couple 1k lots of similar GI ammo in 20 round boxes from an estate, and 30-06 match in 20 round boxes for $20-25 a box - wasn’t moving last I looked.

The match ammo was dated by year, late 50s through the 60s.

They also had five of the Greek 30-06 ammo cans - those went fast at $250-ish.

You’re probably looking at about $1-$1.5 a round to move it - JMHO.

Thanks AH64guy. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being stupid by pulling all the bullets and discarding the corrosive primers. That gave me a chance to take a look at the inside of the brass. Its worth more to me as a component. My buddy told me that he thought I was screwing up by pulling everything apart. I told him I wasn't planning on shooting any of it through any of my rifles with those primers. Probably not a big deal, as I could have just washed out the bore with soapy water. However, this way I can load those 150-152 gr FMJ bullets in my AR10 308 and use the brass in my 30-06 rifles.. I told him the boxes may be worth more than the ammo, but I'm still not concerned about that either.

Here's a little bit of it. It cleans up good:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA