Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Damn been awhile since I had chicken fried steak.

Man, I'll have you over for some if you can!

I make it the old way. Pan fried... not deep fried. Use hand picked cutlets, use the grease drippings and cracklin's it's fried in to make a big batch of buttermilk gravy to go over the steak, taters, and a couple of buttered rolls. smile

So good it'll make ya slap you mama! laugh
That does sound good. We would be at my Grandma's in Dallas when I was a kid and her and my Mom would use that sayin' and then they'd LAUGH. I never could figure out how anything would be good enough to make me hit my Grandma...which is the variant they used.

Man I can remember some good times down there. They were country folk from east Texas that moved in about wartime. All the neighbors knew each other and knew me. As soon as I'd hit my Grandparent's house I'd be working. They had a primo yard and garden and they mowed using those Sunbeam electric mowers with cords all spliced and taped with electric tape where Grandpa had mowed them in two. I'd mow and water the yard and all sorts of stuff. Loved going to their house. Would set in front of the window unit afterwards with an ice cold 8 oz. Dr. Pepper or Coke.