Originally Posted by JD45
You mean you can own a rifle down there ? Fill us in on your guns laws please. I only know what I hear on the fake news.

Yes. The firearms/weapons laws are state controlled and each state is a bit different. I live in QLD (Queensland) and a summary of the licence types are here:

https://www.police.qld.gov.au/weapon-licensing/what-are-weapons-categories

Firearms licence in QLD is called a weapons licence, but you are not allowed to use them as weapons (except....). A committee obviously came up with the naming because it's inappropriate, nonsensical and contradictory meaning.

The net result for me is:

I have a bolt action 22 on a Category A licence that I can use on a range or out hunting. I also have an under-lever 0.177 air rifle on this licence.

! have a 9mm semi-auto pistol on a category H licence that I can only use at a target range and have to provide evidence of having used it in 6 events every year.

I have several bolt action rifles (308, 8x57, 30/06, 325WSM, 375H&H, 458WM) and a 500NE double rifle. All these are on a Category B licence and I can use on a range or out hunting.

A genuine reason is needed when I applied to purchase each firearm, and that being target shooting and hunting.

Note that the licence applies to the person, but the firearms are registered under that person's licence.

I also have an antique 1849 Colt pocket revolver that is registered but not under any licence (ie no licence required).

Semi-auto centrefire rifles are Category D but I don't have any, or that licence. Conditions of licence are more strict for that class.

Note that 50cal Browning is Category R, that also contains machine guns in that class.

I think I need to buy a 6.5mm bolt action rifle of some sort, a 22 magnum (Browning T-bolt?) and possibly a shotgun.

I miss my M14.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?