Originally Posted by jlboykin
The good news is that your legislators aren’t paid in Texas, so at least we are getting out what we put in.

It’s ridiculous that this is where we expected to be two months ago and now they’re pissing their pants over nothing. The fact is that they are picking economic winners and losers for no reason. I don’t go to bars, but shutting them down is pure BS. They ignore the facts and make decisions based on the whim of the news at that second.

Abbott needs to go, no doubt about it.

Our part of the world is putting up with it.....Thank God!

I think closing bars is an intelligent choice on their part if .gov is going to interfere with freedoms in the name of "protecting" us as a general population. Th question of course is should .gov be doing so? Not to my mind. Ican largely protect myself using common sense. It does not have to be mandated.

In bars, alcohol lowers inhibitions(as elsewhere) , loud music means heads are closer together and the talk-spittle is flying harder and farther, if there is dancing, bodies are closer together, touchy feely going on,. No one is doing social distancing, quite the opposite. And many more contacts are available to spread the virus vs home or small gathering drinking/partying. Bars are NOT an "essental business" - except to the owners and suppliers.

Alaska's Covid rate is also spiking - 40% of the new cases are in their 20's and 30's i.e. bar patron age. Then they take it home and into their businesses and other contacts.

Well, so be it. Reap what you sow, free choice, right to assemble, etc. Just remember, actions have consequences, good or bad, personally or by .gov.

Last edited by las; 07/03/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.