Originally Posted by MikeL2
Listen to these guys - a consumer/recreational GPS will not be accurate enough. If you can locate the corner markers you can run a line the old fashioned way. If you can't locate corners you need to hire a surveyor.

Just went thru similar deal this spring. Bought new house, had some encroachment issues on two sides, could not find corners and didn't get a plat, just a description of boundaries in deed. So before I approached neighbors I had it surveyed, original corner pins found, verified and flagged, then I ran flagged lines myself between the corners. Also had the new survey recorded with county. Then shared results with the neighbors.

A licensed surveyor will research property records for your land and bordering properties to make sure there is no discrepancies between deed descriptions, or identify them so they can be resolved.

After the survey was finished I did go back and record the corners with my GPS for future reference, but the GPS coordinates will still be +/- 10 ft or more.

Also, local rules may require your fence to be offset a minumum distance from your property line.

Thank You every one for your advice.
I do know where the corner Markers are the Grader did not take them out just the radius markers. He buried one of the corner makers 2ft under but I found it and put a Tee Post next to it. Since I unburied it and exposed it . It has been Buried again by Road Grading again but the Tee Post is still up
I only have 1 truly straight property line and my neighbor has already done the work with a surveyor for me and I just need to measure off of his survey pins. That line is approximately 1100 ft long.
I have 30ft and 40ft no fence easements around my hilly 36 acre property.
I have a hard enough time trying to afford to get out to my property and I do not have the Funds to hire a proper Surveyor.
My thought was to just move my fence back enough using the Hand Held GPS as to be positive that I was out of the Easement areas. There are already property owner in my area that have ignored the Easements and built fences right on their lines with no concern to Road way access. I do not want to be one of them just to have it come back to Bite me latter.

Thanks again for the advice