Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Seafire
I'm a bolt action guy.. I've been using a lot of Benchmark over the last year or two... Bi Mart here in Oregon has been selling it for $23.50 a pound for several years...I've got a good stock of it.. 30 to 40 pounds of it...

I have found that the accuracy gets better and better, the stiffer the charge...

I've been running it with 40 to 60 grain bullets....40s and 53s are my two favorite bullet weights...

40s, 28 grains plus...

53s, 27.5 grains

60s.. 26.5 grains...

I agree, that is good info. I can see where benchmark would be better than my old standby H335 for the lighter pills. I may have to buy a pound of that powder and try it out.. John, if you go to Walmart, you will find the 40gr. Nosler varmageddon bullets for about $15.00/box of 100. One of my buddies likes those bullets in his 223rem and 22-250

Thanks Lawrence.. but the Wally Marts down here don't sell reloading supplies tho... you can never have enough 22 Cal and 6mm Varmaggeddon bullets on hand, especially at a cheap price...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez