Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by ringworm
There's a distinct difference between home defense and offense.
Trying to clear a home in your boxers at zero dark thirty because you "might" have heard "something" is a quick way to get killed by multiple perps who are wide awake, amped on adrenaline and pretty dang sure what they are going to do if confronted.

I sure wish I had a crystal ball issued to me.

That way I would know there were multiple people. They were amped up on adrenaline, (apparently such things only work for one side), their alertness level, and the degree of commitment they have to whatever they are doing when confronted by an armed homeowner.

Also since these things only happen at zero dark thirty, and when I am wearing boxers, nobody should be proactive, and get training that might effect a positive outcome. Instead they should just hide out while their kids scream for help, or other such wonderful pleasantries.

God forbid people actually get some training.

Waiting on the police to protect you is a much smarter idea..

Don't worry, those peaceful protesters have assured the city leaders that they mean the occupants of these buildings and vehicles no harm..

GMAFB crazy

Here is a reality check.

You don't get the fight you want. You get the fight you get.

I have said it here before. Fights can be like a gift from a stranger. You have no idea what you are going to get. You simply have to unwrap it and deal with it.

The odds might be stacked against you, but you don't have a choice. They might not, though rarely are situations that you find yourself suddenly in, stacked in your favor. You simply have to unwrap it and deal with it.

This is why training (such as in the video) is important.

The more skill sets you have, the more options you have.

Knowing how to be methodical in your search methods when time allows, and fast and violent when it does not, are all good skill sets to have and they take practice.

Well. And then there is my pal Mac with all sorts of real world talk

Personally ..I'm not taking the time to put on pants...I'm bucking my gun belt and tallying ho...so to speak with my tally whacker flapping in the fan breeze.....surprise Mutha F$&#er.... Mac is right. You get the fight you get...and you'd be damned surprised just how alert you can wake up when hear noises when you shouldn't hear them.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell