I did not even get through the whole news clip when it hit. That stuff has been gone from my conciousnes for over 30 years, and bang, it was right there. I mean it was like I was at base camp after finishing a dust off, even the sounds and smells. Now my son tells me that the woman they captured the other day, Iraqi TV has been showing a video tape of her being gang raped and then having her throat cut. I truly hope and Pray that is just a rumor.

I don't care what we have to do to stop this thing, I just want to see it done and ended. Any means necessary and the hell with the rest of the world!

Nobody can really understand the 1000 yard stare or any of the other manifestations caused by combat till they been there. You can see it, but still not fully understand, it is too personal and arrives on a primal level few ever experiance. This, like any other fight is not a John Wayne movie like you said Rick. These people will carry baggage the rest of their lives as some of us still do, it remains hidden in our subconscious most of the time, but it is always there to sneak up on you in the night.

I am one of the lucky ones, I have had a productive and rewarding life, a wonderful and loving wife and two great children. Also many true friends and fellow vets that I can talk to and purge some of those feelings.

There are many other memories that come in the night to haunt some of us, the lucky ones, like me have support. I only can hope and Pray that these fine folks can share my good fortune this way.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me