I’ve had a hart barrelled 6 Ackley built on a short 700 for years. It’s a 12” twist and a .270” “tight neck”. It has always shot “fast”. Always beating published 6mm Remington velocities using published 6mm data by 100fps or more. Which would seem odd to me due to the larger case volume “requiring” more powder to reach the same velocity as the smaller case. I don’t have any pressure equipment, only my chronograph. I’ve got a hankering to try it out on deer so bought some 90gr BT’s in hopes they’ll stabilize in the slow twist. I did hot rod it quite a bit in my youth and have loaded ammo that was clearly too “hot” but try to gain wisdom with age which often means asking people who know more than I questions. I have always wondered if the 12” twist built less pressure than the faster twist data which normally is shot in 1-9” twist guns. So, I guess I’m asking you if you have any idea why my rifle shoots so fast and if you could see any reason why as long as I don’t get more than a few (2-3)% over published 6mm Remington data that I should be pushing pressure limits. Thank you in advance.

Ben