Originally Posted by windridge
Originally Posted by Dutch
Tesla is no doubt firing on all cylinders (ha!), but 2K per share? It's ALREADY the most valuable auto company on the planet. More valuable than Ford, more than GM, more than Volkswagen, more than Toyota. That seems awfully rich. And I really like what they are doing, and I think Musk is a stud. But buying at this price?

At this point, if I'm going to put mad money on the electrical vehicle side of things, I'd probably go Hyliion. They are in the semi-truck segment, and, like Tesla, the guy in charge is an actual engineer, not some accounting puke..... And it helps they have actual products on the market, being sold right now.

When will it be offered? I'll buy with what I have left in one account. Will trade as HYLN, I see.

It is supposed to merge with an SPAC (Tortoise) in September which trades under the ticker SHLL. (get it Tortoise -shell?). SHLL is the only way to currently buy exposure to Hyliion.... and all this high-finance stuff is outside of my comfort zone.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/tesla-nikola-hyliion-ev-truck-electric-stock-51593121114

Sic Semper Tyrannis