I reload for all my centerfire rifles. In regards to 300 Savage, I do have a 99R and two Remington 81's in the caliber, but don't (can't) hunt big game with them in my state. I do look on the shelves of outfits once in a while for what is stocked and it usually isn't very much. A handful of 150 and 180 grain SP's. It's rare to see it at gunshows in my area, but there haven't been any of those since last March, although there is several slated to be held this month, with more this fall.

I never see 300 Savage brass new or used on the shelves, always buy it online when I see one of the half dozen outfits I keep track of having a sale on it. Will buy a 100 rds off and on to add to the supply, same as I do 250 Savage which isn't seen much in my area either as loaded ammo or brass. Very rare to see at gunshows. None of my friends or shooting circle shoot 250 or 300 Savage, so I'm a minority with those calibers. I did resize some .308 brass a friend gave me once, but it was a PITA to trim the neck down with my Forester brass trimmer. A lot of hand cranks round and round, thought 'phooey' on this. Could have sawed off some of the excess, then trimmed, but I wasn't in that much of a starvation 300 Savage brass situation for all of that. Since then I bought a 'Little Crow' brass trimmer that is chucked in a hand drill that makes fast and accurate work of trimming for 300 Savage and other calibers. I use my bench drill press, works alot slicker. I love reloading and casting, but have always detested trimming with a passion.

Having .308 handstamp brass isn't a safety concern as I don't own or shoot any rifle chambered in .308 Winchester/7.62 mm. I mostly reload for 300 Savage using 300 Savage brass, but have the option of resizing .308 if needed. Have plenty of .308" 150 grain SP bullets on hand (and other weights) and have bullet molds and plenty of lead to cast with, so shortages here and there don't affect me much, although I don't like seeing them. 30/40 Krag is another caliber I reload for and shoot which brass isn't seen much of, rarity to see loaded ammo for sale. I watch the online sales for brass and get them when needed.