Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The giant said GFY to Newsom and his July 4th celebration ban.

Jag, that is a cool video, no mistake cool

...but I gotta tell ya EVERY Mexican neighborhood looks that way 4th of July, New Years too, 'cept on 4th of July the drunks don't gotta be out driving around so late.

Mostly I'm glad the chopper didn't get taken out by friendly fire smile

As someone who was in LA over the last 5 or so 4th of July celebrations, I can tell you this was not the norm as compared to years past. It was amazing the amount of fireworks going off in every direction. It was a constant, hours long, continuous rumble of explosions well into the late hours. Started a good hour before sun down, and did not let up until well past midnight. Previous 4ths have not even come close to the amount of private fireworks going off this year. It was an impressive visual and audible display.

Went to a friends house, and their next door neighbor was lighting off large fireworks, middle of the street, all night. At least a couple hundred of them. Can't imagine what that cost, but it was the best fireworks show I've ever seen.

Did not see an LEO all night long. Usually they're on the illegal fireworks pretty quick. This time they must of seen the absolute futility of trying to do a thing about it.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.