Originally Posted by JBabcock
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Nice rifle, I'm thinking you'll appreciate the weight difference between it and the std wt configuration. I hate to break it to you though, the stock appears to be a '59 (or late '58) to '63 stock. It appears to have a composite butt plate, plus the color has post '59 written all over it.. Nice rifle/good picture.

Could be, I’ll check when I get home. Very happy with it though. I like this a lot better than the Edge on the Standard configuration I planned on doing.

Yeah, you should be very happy with it. Did Justin glass bed it too? Should probably be a good shooter. Throw a set of DD's on that rifle with your older gloss Leupold and it should be a good looker and light weight and comfortable to pack. My '56 weighs in at 6.5 pounds (bare rifle) and shoots very well with multiple loads. It loves 180gr winchester powerpoints, 180gr Nosler partitions, 200gr Nosler partitions, 165gr Hornady interlocks. Its really not very picky. Hopefully you'll find your rifle is the same way. Good luck with it...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA