Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Very interesting!

I like to see produce grown and sold locally!

What's with those damned steel tractor tires? Last time I saw any of those, it was in Mexico on a tractor they used for shredding brush, and didn't want to deal with flats... Rough riding.

Barry, there are two different groups of local Mennonites. One group uses only horses, the big Belgiums, to farm with, while the other group use tractors.............which must be steel wheel. Even their combines are on steel, as well. Their theory, supposedly, is that if a tractor is on steel wheels, they won't be tempted to use it for anything other than actual farming activities............which is BS, as they always figure out a way to get arounfd that.

We also have in my area, Amish, some of which are very modern, and use modern equipment (on rubber tires), then there are the Old Order Amsih, that use only horses. They are all sorts of those kinds of people.

LOL! smile

The Devil tempts them with rubber tires!

Funny how people justify stuff to ease their conscience.

I always thought it was funny in NW PA Amish country that they wouldn't have a car but would ride with an "Englishman" to work or to the Wal-mart 20 miles away.

Funny how people interpret the same words in a book to suit their needs?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?