Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by sisko
I use the Frankford Arsenal tumbler with the 5 lbs of stainless pins that come with it. I use 1 tablespoon of Armor All Ultra Shine Wash & Wax and 1/4 teaspoon of powder Lemi-Shine. The picture below is some .223 brass I tumbled for 1-1/2 hours on Monday. The second picture is from a couple years ago when I was learning and it was tumbled with 1 tablespoon of Dawn and 1 tablespoon of Lemi-Shine. I recommend treading lightly with the Lemi-Shine. I made some "pink'ish" 280 brass a few years back with too much Lemi-Shine.

As a side note I did re-tumble the brass in the second picture last week and they cleaned up awesome.

I am going to tumble without pins next time per gunwizards experience. The pins are a PITA!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That brass looks great. I like my brass clean as well. I get it that way tumbling in media mixed with Lyma tuff nut that has rouge in it.. Brass comes out very polished, like yours in your picture. I have no complaints.. I don't think I could do pins though, as I've received brass from guys that has been tumbled with pins and the brass still has stainless pins in it.. I can't imaging the damage that would do, if you sent one through your barrel.. Probably fu ck up a good shooting rifle that way..

When I use the media with the rouge in it, it seems it really likes to collect in the primer pockets and I have to clean each one out with a nail or something. Makes things a real pain in the butt, but the brass is shiny.