Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by sisko
I use the Frankford Arsenal tumbler with the 5 lbs of stainless pins that come with it. I use 1 tablespoon of Armor All Ultra Shine Wash & Wax and 1/4 teaspoon of powder Lemi-Shine. The picture below is some .223 brass I tumbled for 1-1/2 hours on Monday. The second picture is from a couple years ago when I was learning and it was tumbled with 1 tablespoon of Dawn and 1 tablespoon of Lemi-Shine. I recommend treading lightly with the Lemi-Shine. I made some "pink'ish" 280 brass a few years back with too much Lemi-Shine.

As a side note I did re-tumble the brass in the second picture last week and they cleaned up awesome.

I am going to tumble without pins next time per gunwizards experience. The pins are a PITA!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That brass looks great. I like my brass clean as well. I get it that way tumbling in media mixed with Lyma tuff nut that has rouge in it.. Brass comes out very polished, like yours in your picture. I have no complaints.. I don't think I could do pins though, as I've received brass from guys that has been tumbled with pins and the brass still has stainless pins in it.. I can't imaging the damage that would do, if you sent one through your barrel.. Probably fu ck up a good shooting rifle that way..

When I use the media with the rouge in it, it seems it really likes to collect in the primer pockets and I have to clean each one out with a nail or something. Makes things a real pain in the butt, but the brass is shiny.

Oakster, I use a long torch tip cleaner to poke the tiny pieces of media out of the flash hole. The nice thing about the tip cleaner is it will also clean up (smooth out) the flash hole as well. I've noticed some flash holes are rough and need to be cleaned out anyway. The more uniform everything is (even the flash holes), the more consistently accurate your ammo is going to be. I don't mind poking out the media, as it gives me a chance to inspect all areas of the brass. I figure I inspect each piece of brass at least 3 times before it makes it to final stages of loading (bullet seated on top)...

I use one of these pretty handy when deburring flashholes
https://www.amazon.com/Lyman-Flash-Hole-Uniformer/dp/B089377MTV

Last edited by 79S; 07/18/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.