I know some penticostals in East Texas and many years ago there were several members in their church who were very upset with the frequency that a beloved member showed up limping or arm in a sling or swollen black eye or busted lip or broken nose.

I knew one of the husbands of a woman of the group as he and i fished together at times. He was a good hard working guy but never darkened the church door since his marriage, I reckon.

Anyway, one Saturday he was in a rush to tell me a story as we were going fishing. Seems several of the members had gotten together and decided to pray about the same time every day for the Lord to intervene in the poor ladys plight.

He said every day his wife would get down and pray for a bit. He thought it pretty ridiculous. Well, what he wanted to tell me was that about 2 weeks after the praying had commenced the wife beater had a heart attack and met his maker.

True story. My bud started going to church with his wife some Sundays. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

The book of prayers Psalm 109:9-8. May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership. 9 May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/14/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin