Cool story Rooster, thanks.

Things I don't regret.

I quit a good paying job at 20 years old, $3.10 an hour when min wage was about $1.85 Boss wouldn't give me a 5-6 week leave of absence to leave SoCal, take a bus to WA, spend 8 or so days crossing the Olympics from Quinalt to the Elwah drainage, then busing and ferrying over and spending a week climbing Mt Rainier after a record snowfall year. As the Wonderland trail was still mostly snow covered we bused south to Tahoe, went in at the Desolation Wilderness, and hiked another week+ down the John Muir trail (No Pac Crest at the time). What doesn't kill one makes one tough, right? Postholing in the drifts with a 45-50lb pack over the pass in the Olympics, being lowered into a crevasse on Rainier, surviving 60mph windstorms, lightning storms that required pulling the center pole out and tossing it out on the glacier, freezing rain, whiteout blizzard, igloos melting on a down bag when the storm passed in the night, helping drag a guy down to the lodge after he tore his knee up in a snowbank, such fun should not be allowed.

Surfing, boogie boarding, and body surfing for years. ( I sure miss it here in the desert)
Learning to scuba dive in cold water, made diving in nice places that much nicer.
My college education and career afterwards. I worked with cool animals in cool (and extremely hot!) places. Sometimes with cool people too, but I'm not a fan of most folks.
Meeting and marrying my wife...............mostly........some days though eek
Being a dog person, I've had a bunch of wonderful ones.
A weeks vacation in Hawai'i. on the Big Island. If rich I'd move there.
Being a partyer when younger...............worked it all out before I was too wore out to enjoy the rest of life.
Having a taste for "exotic" foods, or ethnic, or more than meat and taters if you will.

Rooster, nice of you to start a good thread about things other than politics and the crap going on in the world today.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?