My grandmother was a storyteller supreme. One of nine children, grew up on a farm, and became a farmers wife. She wrote some of those stories down for me, and I treasure them. My grandfather also could tell some pretty good ones, mostly hunting stories. He told me about how the neighbors old rooster come over to his place and would fight his roosters, and then come after him when he tried to run him off. One day he managed to corner the rooster in a chicken house. He took a corncob and rubbed the rooster's azz raw, then poured turpentine on it, and turned him loose. He said the rooster headed towards home, and couldn't decide whether to run or fly, but never came back.

He also told me a hunting tale, the one where he was out possum hunting, and would catch a possum every few minutes. He'd put the possum in a burlap bag he was carrying. After a while, he noticed that the bag wasn't getting any heavier. Turns out, the bag had a hole in it, and he was catching the same possum over and over. Of course, as a child, I believed it......lol.

My father told me this one........we had a "C" Allis Chalmers, and it was pretty slow. When traveling from one farm to the other by way of the highway, he was passed a few times by a Black man on a Farmall, and the guy would wave bye-bye at him. Daddy didn't like that. We had gotten a Case VAC-14, and it had a very fast road gear. My father had started out one day down the road, when he saw the Black man coming on his tractor. Daddy waited until the man came by, pulled out behind him, and then passed him, and waved bye-bye as he did. I used that tractor for a few years after I started farming, and always thought about that when I was driving it.