Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Can’t recall the last time I went swimming, I mean actual swimming as opposed to wading in the surf or cooling off in some creek. Might have been two decades back or more when my son was a youth.

Took the Kid to a pool today. OMG, if the ferry capsized I’d be one of them going down with the ship.

I was a fair hand once, obviously I need to get back into it, seems like a perfect exercise for older folks.

How ironic (I think that’s the proper word), as I just discovered the very same thing about 3 weeks ago. We just got our pool “up and running”. It’s only 32 feet long, and making 2 passes was a bit difficult. Doing better now, but darn sure couldn’t do the “mile swim” like I used to when I was in scouts.....I might make 100 yards if it were life or death! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024