Originally Posted by Savage94C
I PMed the seller via the GB PM app this morning and advised that the mount was a "Lightfoot' currently being made by a guy in California and that some bidder may not know the difference and think they were getting a Stith mount with the gun. Advised some buyer may not be real happy with the fact. Not saying that there is anything wrong with the Lightfoot mounts , but a buyer needs to be aware. He PM'ed me back advising someone else had pointed it out to him also, saying he wasn't aware of it "so have been educated. Didn't mean to mislead, just ignorant".

See at 1420 hrs Central time there hasn't been any update on the site clarifying the "Stith type". Guess in reality Lightfoots mount is a "Stith type", ie how it mounts to the rifle, but the seller is making a play on words. IMO someone who doesn't notice that it isn't a Stith or someone who knows no difference may have issues with the seller when they receive the rifle if bought.. For what it's worth, Lightfoot, I think your unit is just as good as any Stith and they are available at a much cheaper price. 50 pus years from now a Lightfoot scope mount will be hot items on eBay and classified sections of gun forums IMO. Got to get into gear and get mine ordered for my 99R.

You don't know what you don't know. If you know what a Stith is, you'll know that isn't one. If you don't, you still won't know when you get it.

Stith type is not misleading, but I know a lot of idiots can't comprehend the written word.