Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Guys, I never had a desire for an AR. I am more of a bolt action, accuracy, hand loading, hunting guy. But in light of all the social chaos going on, and uptick in crime, I am thinking of buying a semiauto self defense rifle. A buddy recommended a Daniel Defense, but I don’want to spend that much. What’s the Best Buy for $800 or less.

I've been in your shoes. You'll not regret buying an ar. But be warned, they multiply!!!! Also, a properly tuned and built AR will keep up with a good bolt action in terms of accuracy. Where the AR will rival that bolt gun is in the amount of rounds downrange in a hurry. I recently shot a match where it was only AR's. One member from one of the bigger gunclubs in the Portland area suggested a speed shoot, since they are AR's and all. His definition of "speed shoot" was 10 rounds in 60 seconds. That's what they do in the big city, you know... After we went a couple rounds of that, I said, "now lets have a real speed shoot". 10 rounds in 10 seconds. Shooting for score at 100 yards. Try that with your bolt gun. I can almost run a bolt that fast off the bench, but not quite...Needless to say the Portland and Vancouver guys gave up the ghost and didn't want to play the fun games anymore, after getting spanked... And for the Willamette guy saying AR's are impossible to find, they are out there. You just have to look for them. I visit gunshops in that area all the time and have found countless AR's in the $500.00 range. Yes, even recently. For the dumbfuc ks that didn't believe me and pm'd me, I supplied the links to 3 such rifles in the Portland area..Didn't hear a damn peep out of them afterwards either..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA