As far as cost/value/price check, etc.....

I USED to own a gun shop, people were always asking what's it worth? My answer is what ever it's worth to the person buying it. If , for instance, I said I'd pay $800 for it - to me it's an $800 gun. BUt Joe over there has zero interest in the caliber so he'll pay $400 - it's a $400 gun to him. Another dude is a collector and HAS to have this to finish out his "collection" - say he wants a .375 from every manufacturer, He's got to have it and will go up to $1500 - to him it's a $1500 gun.

.375 H&H, You're in Alabama? AV model, scope, sling,ammo, Rings/bases (original SAKO can got for over $100) And what's it worth to you? Probably, face to face - no tax/transfer, etc.
Private sale CASH sale - $900 is a good start base, depending on model, and accessories, wear, etc.

Look at Sako Collector Club on the net, Look at auction sites, take it with a grain of salt. I've seen lots of SAKOS on GB starting at $1500, and there they sit,,,,,

You have a Whitworth? What's that worth to you, and how much nicer, better, fancier, is the SAKO? $100? $500?

In conclusion, I've long held, that if both parties are happy with the transaction, it was a good solid sale......

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~