I had two of these and liked them after the problems were ironed out.

The square recoil lug bears against a round cross bolt. The bolt has a flat surface but on both of mine the bolt was rotated so that the flat was away from the recoil lug. The recoil lug was supported only by the bottom corner against the round side of the bolt. Two friends bought new 338s and the stocks split before ten rounds had been fired. My favorite gunsmith inlaid a block of walnut, epoxy bedded the action and I had no trouble.

The other problem was with the bolt guide which is held in place by a small leaf spring. (Inserting a punch in the hole in the guide depresses the spring allowing the guide to slide off.) The spring broke under recoil and the bolt guide slammed forward into the locking lug recess. The barrel had to be removed so that the bolt guide could be driven out of the recess. The solution was to install a pin vertically through the bolt guide to bear against the bolt ring and prevent forward motion. Mill a flat onto the bolt guide to make drilling possible.

Unless you are willing to address the above problems I could not recommend the AV in .375 H&H.

Cheers,
Walt

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690