Originally Posted by Kaiser Norton
aalf - what load combination are you running in your 6x47s these days? I had one built several years back (Pierce action, Jewell, Bartlien 1-7.5, McMillan HTG), and due to life intrusions, haven't shot it in at least 3 years. frown
In the process of digging through my gear/records now, trying to piece together what I had been doing (I am horrible in the record keeping dept). I seem to recall that the 105/108s seemed to rule back then, powered by H4350. Looks like I was concentrating on the Berger 115gr with Reloader 17 and CCI 450s, loaded well on the hot side of what the Berger manual shows. Thanks, mucho! Kaiser Norton

I've put together several 6x47's now, and all have worked so well with H-4350, that I've never had to look elsewhere.

I've never been a fan of the 115 Berger. The BC doesn't best the 105 VLD or Hybrid by much, and if you point either 105 version, along with extra 100+ fps gained from being 10 grains lighter, equal or beats the 115's, while being generally being easier to tune.

For reference, I use a .585 BC for the pointed Hybrids in my LR plinker.

So far, I've fiddled with 105 VLD's, 105 Hybrids, and 108 ELD's in this barrel, paired with H-4350, sparked by Rem 7 1/2's.