Originally Posted by smallfry
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I bought my first non-Tikka in a long time yesterday and I’m looking for info. I know Howa makes the Vanguard line for Weatherby but I don’t know much else. Here’s the ad:

“Up for sale, my "semi-custom", stainless, Howa model 1500 in 7mm Remington Magnum. I customized this to be my "one rifle for anything in Oregon gun". I ditched the Tupperware stock for a Boyd's Micro-Lam. The barrel is free floated and the action is bedded from just in front of the recoil lug to the rear tang. The action locks up smoothly (lapped lugs) and feels (and sounds) solid as a bank vault. The Boyd's factory recoil pad was swapped out for a limbsaver. I then covered the entire stock in a textured epoxy paint. I also installed a Timney trigger which is set at about 2.5 lbs. It wears a Leupold Vari-XIIc, 3-9x40, in matte stainless with Butler Creek Flip up caps; standard plex reticle. It also has QD studs. 24" standard contour barrel, 1-9.5" twist.

I will include a Rhino-Plate soft padded case, a padded strap AND my personal "pet" load data, RCBS dies, brass (quite a lot), specific Lee case trim tool and all the 7mm bullets in my stock (hundreds). It shoots 175 gr. Sierra Game Kings at a bit under 3000 fps very accurately.”

The rifle looks great, as advertised. So tell me about the Howa 1500.

P
WTH I thought you were just going to get rid of a 7mm Mag for a 280. Rationalize your irrational behavior lol

I’m thinking about turning my 7mm Rem Mag Tikka into something else.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001