Interesting 1st Howa I ever worked with was back in 1982 in 243,it was smooth, zero'ed fast with moa 3 shot groups. Couple of years a go I traded an m870 field gun to a buddy for his 223 Howa 1500. I took it home and put a 6x Burris on it to see how bad I got took. Zero'ed fast and 3 shot groups under a dime at 50 yds with ammo loaded for my hb m700. What's not to like? So smooth I could not detect a round being fed out of the mag, that is a major first in the rifles I have owned. Trigger can all ways be lighter but sure wasn't so heavy that good shooting wasn't possible. Gun is no lightweight but for $225 I got in it WGAF? There is no such thing as a perfect gun, yet I get the distinct impression that the most important thing to a lot here is how much money you can sink into one for minuscule improvements that you will never recoup if you fall out of love with it. Everyone has different goals with their purchases and I am no different, but if they don't shoot good in stock dress I sure don't spend any money on them, just time and tune. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "