Depends on your priorities. Both are good guns. I have owned both, and sold the Buckmark in favor of the Ruger Mark IV. With the Mark IV, Ruger got several things right, notably the ease of maintenance and ambidextrous 1911 style safety. I much prefer the Ruger recoil spring assembly over the Buckmark's with the tiny C clip and plastic housing. When I needed parts for the Buckmark there was a backorder of several weeks. I got a set of drop in captured recoil springs for the Ruger, very nice, can't remember the vendor. A major advantage of the Ruger over the Buckmark is the slide. My Buckmark was an earlier version, and the uncocked slide was the toughest of any I have ever handled. The Ruger is much easier to operate.

To be fair, the Ruger needed some aftermarket items to suit me, which added to the cost. Volquartsen trigger kit, Hogue grips, and Williams fiber optic sights. So, in terms of cost the point advantage might go to the Buckmark. However, if bang for the buck is a priority, the S&W Victory is probably the best value in this class of pistol. Pretty much good to go out of the box.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.