Originally Posted by 22250rem
I still don't understand the whole picture when it comes to the precious metals topic.

I get where you’re coming from. I have an extremely limited grasp of macroeconomics. I’m sure there’s no shortage of CF members that extremely well-versed, but that education (in my personal opinion) is only suited to keeping the economic machine moving. Not dealing with a collapse.

Its my interest and application of history to current events that gives me the cause and reason to see what is happening. Like I said several times: Economies collapse, kingdoms fail, empires break up, but since the moment the first minting of gold and silver coins were adopted by a civilized society, its been the standard in which every since economy has started and every single economy has returned after failure.

I don’t have a crystal ball or claim I know what’s going to happen. I’m just applying history to establish the odds and 100% (to this point) is about as good as it gets. Every argument against it may start off on logic and reasoning, but it always boils down to an emotional decision that’s the equivalent of “That’s just stupid.”. I’m can’t help but believe that same reaction was portrayed by millions over history.

As for financial advisors, please consider that they make money, even when you lose it. I’ve always wondered why each one of them isn’t a financial whale. It would make sense that their understanding of the economy and the market, in particular, would provide them greater wealth by investing in it, rather then telling others how to do so. Of course, they could be closet millionaires just helping their fellow man.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates