Cabela's and BPS sent out a sales flyer last week advertising a sale that is starting this week. I popped over to the nearby Cabela's to look at a Franchi Momentum rifle that is listed as being $100 off the regular price, but they didn't have the rifles and didn't know what the regular price is. I understand "just in time" inventory management, but this seems to be "just incompetent" inventory management. Pretty hard to sell stuff that you don't have. I also noticed that the LaVista, NE, Cabela's has almost no used firearms in either the floor racks and the Gun Library.

I understand that the Cabela's family made out very well, financially, in regards to the sale of their business to BPS, but most of the people who worked for Cabela's headquarters operation in Sidney, NE, were badly hurt, as most of those jobs went to BPS' HQ operations in Springfield, MO. Sidney was pretty much a company town and when the company was sold, real estate prices for existing homes dropped like a rock. The last couple of times that I stopped at the Cabela's flagship store in Sidney the used firearms selection was small and mostly, as is usually the case with Cabela's, over-priced. I used to like to stay in Sidney 'cause Dude's Steakhouse in downtown Sidney has the best mountain oysters that I've ever eaten in a restaurant.