Thanks for your reply. I have both an old version of the Vectan pamphlet shipped by Graf & Sons when I bought powders and I've downloaded newer updates and whatever the Eurosport Italia & France & UK websites have available, - (which are ludicrous by American standards please try to be thorough !)
Then there's Brian Eno's Forum and others where I discovered Vectan "AO" similar to Herco can be used for 9mm (Lee reloading manual sez this too), and another site where someone divulged Vectan "GM3" is widely used in Europe for 9x21 auto pistol. I'm a longtime reloader by the way, and years ago when "Unique" wasn't available I bought some "A0" & "D20" from Graf and have plenty of it whereas Unique is hard to find again. Just thinking pure logistics if I can use what I have safely and smartly so be it, and in fact I just loaded some 9mm w/A0 per Brian Eno's & Lee's low-to-midrange data and I'll clock them with my chronograph soon. However, the Herco-speed of A0 is not really optimum for 9mm because we all know it usually takes "faster" powders, and this is where I lit-onto the data that "GM3" (faster than Herco or Unique and almost W-231 speed) is popular in 9x21, but try to find data ? Ha !
This also brought me to my initial question, if Vectan "GM3" (which I don't have) and Vectan "D20" (which I DO have) are equal on Nobelsport's burning speed chart, could "D20" be used in 9mm, and if not, why ? Here is where I solicit some expert thoughts short of just loading some with a ginger hand and work-up to what the chronograph reports as in the ballpark of my typical "practice" 9mm loads for cast 124gr RN (which is 4.6gr Unique @ 950fps which
is faultless). Thanks for your interest. Any thoughts ?