Update II: Oh, by the way, if any of you wonder how it meters, it meters +/- 0.05 gr from a Lyman No55 measure, and it's noncritical anyway once you're in the ballpark of the measure throwing a max charge of 4.2. I've obsoleted that however because the "Lee Dipper Method" has more economy of motion than operating the Lyman charge drum and knocker dingus. A Lee .5cc dipper throws a nominal of 3.8gr of D20 which is a little short of the 4.1 - 4.2 my recipe desires, which motivated me to make my own dipper which I'll relate here. A piece of .32 ACP brass is the ideal size to make a custom dipper for 9mm or .380. (Once dipped and levelled its slightly smaller diameter than a 9mm case is an advantage). If you have these, or 9mm cases could do as well, clean a few fired cases and partially fill them with epoxy and let it cure.
Experiment when the epoxy cures how much the cup throws and you can modify this incrementally with a drill bit ever so slightly until it throws the desired charge.
(Wrap the case with electrical tape and hold with pliers while you're drilling and experimenting, it can get hot from drilling friction and you don't want to mar the case with ugly indents and scratches). When you arrive at your finished volume, then cut a 3/8" round wooden dowel to about 3-1/2" and file a "ledge" to epoxy your new charge cup to. The finished product should look like a Lee dipper or a smoking pipe. When that cures and you sand epoxy overflows then you'll have a lifetime custom dipper made from your own hand, and it's exceedingly quick and efficient to charge cases in this manner. It works, and remember, we're talking 9mm and not critical benchrest cartridges. To eliminate static and assure smooth powder pouring I like to swab a Q-Tip of Imperial Case Neck Lube which is finely powdered graphite, or with repeated dipping the powdered graphite on all powders will season your new tool to a smooth-flowing nature. If you noticed I like to write and you've stuck with me here I'll give you a bonus recipe for D20 in .380 ACP. Works like a charm and obsoletes my former recipes of Unique or W-231, but you must make your own dipper for it. (The charge is too small to throw consistently from a Lyman No55 measure, or perhaps others). Make a custom dipper to throw 2.8gr D20 from 32 ACP or equiv brass. It's the bee's knees of a
perfectly viable, cheep, clean, accurate, and functional 380 round, and I've tested this like my 9mm above, ANY 95gr - 102gr boolit whether cast, plated, or J-word will work with this singular recipe. Simplifies things a-lot. Two custom dippers, one for 380 and one for 9mm specifically dedicated to throw Vectan D20 and I never look back if I can "improve" a recipe or powder/boolit combo. I can't. Can't knock what works, and these recipes work. Enjoy ! - Vince