Paul;
Thanks for the reply sir, it looks like a really pretty spot to live and I must say the proximity to walleye fishing doesn't hurt anything either! cool

Sorry that I goofed when saying our nephew from Winnipeg fishes eastern Ontario - I meant the western part where the lakes are closest to Manitoba...Like as not you'd figured that out on your own I'm sure... blush

We're all doing okay thanks, though the beer flu has knocked our youngest's jobs for a loop for sure. She's taking her second degree at Simon Fraser - high school teacher - and lives down there at the coast with her partner.

While he's been mostly keeping working, her work primarily is with kids so that's been all over the place.

Our eldest and her husband have been pretty lucky in that besides a 2 week shutdown at the modular home plant where her husband works they've stayed working, which always helps pay the bills easier than not we found.

So far the beer flu hasn't been terrible locally, but we're a tourist destination and this weekend it looked like most summers, which is to say half the Lower Mainland and 3/4 of Alberta are here. It's of course a mixed blessing as the dollars brought in are badly needed, but depending upon how many people start showing up at the hospitals with beer flu, the restrictions may or may not come back.

Since I'm trying this retiring thing out, most weeks I don't even go into the small town we live closest to, much less the nearest city which is Penticton.

As long as I don't need parts, pieces or paint for projects, I'm quite enjoying being in the yard more or less with the cat, mule deer and California Quail.

Thanks again sir, all the best to you all and good fishing!

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"